BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Let This Go

"Maybe, if my heart stops beating,
it wont hurt this much
And never will I have to
answer again to anyone
Please don't get me wrong

Because i'll never let this go,
but i can't find the words to tell you
I don't want to be alone..." - *Let This Go* ~Paramore



"What Is Love?"
Now I thought about blogging all the things that Love is but I decided to do it in parts so I can elaborate more.

"Love is Sacrificial."
I have learned that one over this last week.

It is when you have THE most perfect best friend in the world, and you realize that you have to give him up so he will be happy. (Long, complicated story) I tried everything imaginable to keep this friendship but in the end, only I would experience a small amount of happiness and that was just selfish.

Now for the great joy and freedom he will experience later, it is important that I sacrifice this amazing friendship now.

I am sure that there are many, many people that have had to sacrifice something amazing and much bigger than this, but if you have had to lose a best friend, you would know how I feel.
Now, he was not just any best friend, he was the best. A friend I had prayed for since I was a little kid.

“Nothing that you have not given away will ever be really yours.” -C. S. Lewis

That being said, Love is not self-seeking (selfish) and it is sacrificial.
No matter how much pain and misery this will cause you, you should do what will make the other person happy, and with that in mind, you, yourself will experience joy.

I am going to miss you, but if I don't let you go, I never really loved you.

Do not be selfish.

Love,
Joy.
Envision The Horizon.
Love is sacrificial.



0 comments: